Advanced musculoskeletal course for primary care practitioners: Joint by joint | 4 July 2023
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING PURCHASE ORDERS OR ISSUING INVOICES FOR THIS COURSE.
This one- day course will enhance the expertise and confidence of advanced primary care practitioners in managing joint pain, and improve patient outcomes by providing high-quality care.
Key aims and learning outcomes:
- To provide advanced primary care practitioners, including physiotherapists, general practitioners, and osteopaths, with a better understanding of joint pain and musculoskeletal common problems
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of participants in examining patients with joint pain, including joint examination techniques, diagnostic procedures, and assessment of joint function
- Equip participants with the latest management strategies and treatment options for joint pain, including non-pharmacological, pharmacological, and interventional approaches
- Allow participants to practice their joint injection techniques on models under the guidance of experienced, renowned faculty
- Demonstrate the use of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection for joint pain management and provide participants with a better understanding of the benefits and limitations of other orthobiologic treatment options
- Enable participants to feel more confident in managing joint pain, and to apply their experience and acquired knowledge and skills in their clinical practice
- Professor Richard Field, Consultant Orthopaedic Hip Surgeon, South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre
- Professor Mohamed A. Imam, Professor and Consultant Trauma and Upper Limb Surgeon, Bristow Orthopaedic Centre and University of East London
- Dr Jyoti Bakshi, Consultant Rheumatologist, Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Trust
- Professor Deiary Kader, Consultant Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon, South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre
- Mr Ansar Mahmood, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, and founder and Medical Director of Pinnacle Global Healthcare
- Mr Andrew Miller, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Pinnacle Global Healthcare
- Mr Narender Nalajala, Consultant Physiotherapist, Ashford and St Peter’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Mr George Prezerakos, Consultant Spinal Neurosurgeon, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Mrs Caryn Sharrock, Hand Therapist, New Victoria Hospital and Parkside Hospital
- Mr Matthew Solan, Consultant Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeon, Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust
- Mr Ramon Tahmassebi, Consultant Orthopaedic Hand & Wrist Surgeon, King’s College Hospital NHS Trust
Professor Mohamed A. Imam
Professor and Consultant Trauma and Upper Limb Surgeon at the Rowley Bristow Orthopaedic Centre and the University of East London
I serve as Professor, in the Smart Health Academic Unit, at the University of East London. I am a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Rowley Bristow Orthopaedic Centre where I serve as a board member representing Medical Staff in the trust.
Professor Mohamed Imam is a highly accomplished consultant orthopaedic surgeon with a special interest in upper limb and complex trauma surgeries. He currently serves as the executive Medical Director of the Smart Health Centre at the University of East London, UK and is a visiting professor there. In addition, he holds the position of clinical lead for trauma surgery at Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Trusts. Prof Imam’s expertise is widely recognised, and he has co-founded international initiatives such as the Ortho-Globe initiative and other educational initiatives in the UK and overseas. He holds positions on international and national committee boards, is an associate editor, and sits on the editorial and review boards of more than 20 medical journals globally.
He has earned two post-graduate degrees, including a PhD in rotator cuff tendons biomechanics and healing and an MSc in clinical research. He has finished an executive leadership program at the University of Oxford. Prof Imam is also an active researcher and has published over 100 papers and book chapters, including seminal publications and others. Prof Imam has edited a book on the clinical applications of stem cells in orthopaedics and is currently working on editing three more international reference books focusing on upper limb injuries. His teaching skills are highly valued, and he serves as a convenor and faculty member for multiple trauma, orthopaedics, and sports medicine courses. Prof Imam is a member of the research committee of the British Elbow and Shoulder Society and an international committee member of the International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery, and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine. He actively participates in national and international trials. He has been awarded more than ten national and international awards in orthopaedics and leadership.