Orthopaedic Basic Science for the Postgraduate Examination: Practice MCQs and EMQsby S.J. Dawson-Bowling (Author), I.R. McNamara (Author), B.J. Ollivere (Author), A. Angadji (Editor), T.W.R. Briggs (Foreword)
£29.99 Inc VAT
Orthopaedic Basic Science for the Postgraduate Examination: Practice MCQs and EMQs is a new book for trainees preparing to sit the written section of the FRCS (Tr & Orth) or equivalent examination.
Whilst much of the general orthopaedic curriculum is often learnt from clinical exposure, knowledge of the basic sciences frequently requires more specific attention. Drawing partly on material from the hugely successful Orthopaedic Research UK courses, this book simultaneously provides a tool for assessing knowledge levels and a means of rapidly assimilating detailed facts. The authors are all approaching, or have achieved completion of higher surgical and fellowship training, but have sufficiently recent experience of postgraduate orthopaedic examinations to ensure that the questions are representative of the level and scope required. All three authors have regularly taught on the Orthopaedic Research UK revision courses and hold basic science based higher degrees.
1. Over 500 multiple choice and extended matching questions
2. Covers entire scope of postgraduate orthopaedic basic science curriculum
3. Clear and concise explanations of all answers at end of each chapter
4. Comprehensive index to aid rapid access to key topics
5. Similar question formatting and style to the FRCS (Tr & Orth) written paper allowing candidates to familiarise themselves prior to sitting the examination.
This book is essential reading for all surgeons approaching the FRCS examination in orthopaedics and trauma, as well as allied health professionals and international trainees undertaking board examinations.
Publisher: Orthopaedic Research UK Publishing (10 Sept. 2012)
Paperback: 294 pages
Dimensions: 22.9 x 15.2 x 1.7 cm
Reviews (0 Reviews)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.